Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chinese Lemon Chicken


I love Chinese take out, I could eat it every single day of my life and not get tired of it. When my husband and I were first married I drove him crazy because anytime we went out to eat I would want Chinese food. We even went out for Chinese food after our wedding since we just served appetizers. It has been one of my goals to save money and that means cutting back on eating out. I actually want to eat at home every day and we are doing a pretty good job of it so far. Another one of my goals is to learn how to make my favorite take out foods at home. This recipe makes really good Chinese Lemon Chicken. It was not hard to make at all.


Chinese Lemon Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces, cut into bite size pieces

Marinade:
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. salt

Coating:
2 large eggs
¼ C cornstarch
½ tsp. baking powder
white pepper, to taste
oil as needed for frying

Sauce:
1/3 C sugar
1 C chicken broth
1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp salt


Marinate chicken in a bowl in the soy sauce and salt for at least 30 minutes. Make the batter by combining all the batter ingredients in a bowl. Coat the chicken with the mixture. Heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through about 10 minutes. Meanwhile in a saucepan combine the sauce ingredients and heat until it becomes thickened and clear. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. I think, I will make this tomorrow. It looks just so delicious. I appreciate good recipes.

    ReplyDelete