Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lemon Garlic Fish and Baked Rice Pilaf


This is my 200th post!!! I can't belive it!

This was very good fish but I must say I really loved the rice. I am always looking for good rice recipes. I try to avoid boxes of rice but I have so few "from scratch" rice recipes. If you have a good one can you please post it in the comments so I can try it out. Thank you.

Lemon Garlic Fish
6 fish fillets, I used tilapia
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
Pepper to taste
Nonstick cooking spray

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish in the baking dish. Pour lemon juice and butter over fish. Then sprinkle garlic, parsley and pepper on top of the fish. Bake until fish flakes easily or until done about 30 minutes.

Baked Rice Pilaf

1 3/4 C water
1 C shredded carrot
1 C chopped celery
3/4 C uncooked long grain rice
1 ½ Tbsp. dried parsley
2 Tbps. dried minced onion
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon granules

Combine all ingredients in an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment