Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ground Beef Gravy and Sourdough Starter Day 1

I did not take a picture of the Ground Beef Gravy because...well it just isn't pretty but it's very good.


Ground Beef Gravy
1 large onion, diced
1 lb ground beef
Seasoning salt to taste
1 C water
1/2 C flour
Oil as needed

In a bowl, combine the flour and water; set aside. Add the oil to a large skillet and sauté the ground beef and the onion until cooked through. Stir in the flour mixture, allow to thicken to form the gravy. If this becomes to thick add more water as needed to thin. Season with seasoning salt to taste. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Feeling inspired by Sandra at Diary of a Stay ay Home Mom I have started a sourdough starter. It's just not as scary if you have someone leading the way. I love sourdough bread but I have always been a little intimadated by the starter...this one is only supposed to take 2-3 days to do and it seems easy. I am not sure if I need to feed it or just stir it alot. But this is what mine looked like on day one. It sure did bubble up fast.



To read more about Sandra's Sourdough and to get the recipe visit Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment