The Weekly Ramble – October 9, 2026
-
Hello and Happy Friday! Are you ready to ramble? I survived another heat
wave without whining too much — and I even kept up my step streak!
(Currently at...
Gone Grammar
-
I think strict grammar lessons have gone the way of the dinosaur; well, in
Texas public schools I KNOW they have, but I believe it's true of colleges
as...
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
-
These are the BEST pumpkin cupcakes! They are super moist with just the
right amount of spice, and the cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping.
...
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
-
Hi everyone! Is this thing still on? It’s definitely been awhile since I
popped in here but that doesn’t mean my love of organizing has gone
anywhere. I’...
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
-
[image: drizzling icing over cinnamon roll bubble bites]These Cinnamon Roll
Bubble Bites make the perfect sweet treat for your family and friends! A
fun tw...
Housekeeper’s Diary
-
I lost twelve days. Not to anything interesting. No adventure, no scandal,
no sudden and glamorous reinvention. (Damnit). Rather a stay at Ben’s
sister’s t...
The blog is closing
-
I shouldn’t have reopened my blog. I should have gone with my instincts and
just disappeared. There have been so many new visitors since I reopened but
ver...
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
-
SO MANY PEOPLE (approximately four) have asked if I would share links for
clothes I wore on my trip to New York City last week. I initially planned
to do t...
Two birthdays and a week at camp!
-
August is probably the busiest month of our summer! Here in the Hudson
Valley, school doesn’t start until after Labor Day, so activities are still
going st...
April 10th Recognizing Farm Animals
-
Growing up in rural Illinois has many bonuses for sure. It was a lot of fun
and good green space to get out and have fun but a good way to learn work
...
Countdown to Turkey Day The Soft Menu Plan
-
Welcome back to Countdown to Turkey Day, where we are getting ready to host
Thanksgiving without overwhelm. If you are just checking in, so far, we
have th...
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
-
Hello friends! Welcome to Paint + Play with Jill! My intention for this
series is to experiment with this year's December Daily® mixed media
products to ...
Park City Utah
-
When we first had babies, one of my dreams was that when they each turned
13 - I wanted to take them on a special trip - just them and Scott and I.
I wa...
Tortellini Soup
-
This Tortellini Soup, from the Pioneer Women, has become a family favourite
on our winter menu. It is a quick and easy soup to throw together and has
...
Merry Christmas 2019
-
Seasons Greetings!
Here we are again, winding down another year. I’ll never get used to how
quickly time flies. This was another busy year in our house ...
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies...
-
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are definitely a Christmas tradition around here.
I've been making these for eons! (just kidding... over a decade, but
somet...
Homemade Apple Pie Recipes
-
There’s a reason they call it “As American As Apple Pie”. We have
certainly perfected this simple little treat over the years. Below you will
find two of...
Well we’re all zebras. Now what?
-
So while all of this Ehlers Danlos talk is going on, the older kiddo is
having a huge amount of medical issues. She’s got allergists in 2 counties.
We’re a...
Mama Sews: Baby Sunbonnet
-
One of the best things about having a little girl is that I can now sew
all those cute things I've had my eye on for years.
Well...she's 6 months old and ...
Summer Survival
-
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I am NOT a summer girl.
Basically, summer is the "brace yourselves.. summer is here" type of
season for me. ...
Our Community (1952) — Vintage Video Thursday
-
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and see what life really was like
back in my parent’s and grandparents day. I’ll drive through a small rural
to...
Instant Pot Christmas Roast
-
Remember that Tomato Chutney recipe from the other day?! Here it is
again…this time, spooned onto sliced beef roast from the Instant Pot. And
it’s so ridic...
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
-
Yesterday on Instagram, I asked “corners or middle pieces?” I think
corners win (OF COURSE THE CORNERS WIN) but mostly, people wanted the
recipe. Here i...
10 year blogging anniversary
-
Hello! I just realized that I missed my 10 year blogging anniversary. Of
course, I've barely blogged for the past few years, so I'm not sure it
counts!
...
Microwaveable Breakfast in a Mug
-
True confessions: I'm not a morning person.
*Brunch? ALLLL DAY LONG!*
But in the mornings I want something fast, easy, and that doesn't make a
huge mess ...
PAN SEARED SALMON in a KIWI LIME REDUCTION
-
We went to our local farmer's market and scored some seriously gorgeous
veggies today and I had just bought this absolutely gorgeous piece of
salmon at Co...
Red Wine Jelly
-
Ahem, ahem. Hello out there. Anyone still listening? It’s been MONTHS since
my last post. And even longer since my last recipe was posted… (almost a
year, ...
An Update
-
I'd like to start this post by stating the obvious—that the ideals from my
post titled Change didn't all come to fruition.
I know that fact should probabl...
The Surgery, Part One
-
I mentioned I'm recovering from a pretty major hip surgery. I've debated
whether to share the details here, but I have decided I will. I will
document my p...
New Recipe: Turkey Sausage Sweet Potato Hash
-
[image: Turkey Sausage Sweet Potato Hash recipe]
This *Turkey Sausage Sweet Potato Hash* is one of my favorite winter meals.
I have to stop myself from f...
Creating a Better life
-
So as life gets more and more complicated and there are more and more
stimuli thrown at us I want, no make that I *NEED* to simplify and minimize
my life. ...
How to Train Your Dragon 2 in IMAX!
-
Looking for an action-packed weekend of fun for the whole family? Head to
your local IMAX® Theater for the premiere of *How to Train Your Dragon 2*!
...
Growin & Crowin :: My new blog!
-
After a few requests from friends on Facebook, I have started a blog about
happenings on our farm.
Join me at the blog HERE and follow my page on FACEBOOK...
Ultimate Yogi Days 1 and 2 Complete
-
I’ve finished the yoga portion of Ultimate Yogi Day 2. I’ve taken to
doing Ultimate Yogi on weekends, as I normally would go to yoga classes on
Saturdays...
Elijah turns four
-
Today was Eli’s fourth birthday. Last night I sat down with him to ask him
a few very important questions. (which he didn’t enjoy all that much)
What’s you...
ladders & eye contact
-
She goes up the ladder. Turns around. Makes eye contact. Gets to the top,
turns, makes eye contact. Gives a big grin.
If my eyes do not meet her's I hear, ...
Let's Keep In Touch
-
I'm sure most of you know by now, but there will be no more Google Reader
by July 1st. That made me so sad because I subscribe to all of the blogs I
read ...
menu...February week 3
-
Monday
lasagna, a vegetable low in Vitamin K, fruit for dessert
Tuesday
corned beef hash with corn and red pepper, eggs
Wednesday
breakfast for dinner (mo...
Why So Quiet?
-
Hello out there....(knock, knock) anyone still here? I realized to the
bloggy world it seems that I dropped off the face of the earth. But
there's a sto...
Giveaway Winner
-
First of all I have to give a big “Thank You!” to Jen Boss for the Home
Executive planner giveaway. I’m on week three of using mine and I’m still
just *re...
Cocoa Daisy September kit and layouts!!
-
August was so crazy that I'm still unsure how it's September 1st today!
Only a couple more days and the boys are in school, I'm going to miss them,
but th...
Coming Out of the Gloom
-
Damn, it's been longer than I thought since I posted here - and where is
anyone else, btw? I could run on for a while about this excuse or that,
but I won...
Freezer Mashed Potatoes
-
Welcome to Freezer Food Friday! Here is a Taste of Home recipe for Freezer
Mashed Potatoes, which allows you to make a large batch and divide it into
small...
We Have Moved!!
-
Have you heard? Amber's Delectable Delights has moved. I am so very
pleased to announce the launch of my new site. We are at new site, with a
new name,...
Farm fresh cooking
-
tweetmeme_source = 'scorbett';I'm about a month into my stint volunteering
on the farm in exchange for a weekly CSA share and it has been FANTASTIC. I
brin...
I love mushroom and pasta together GREAT!!! combination.
ReplyDeleteGeri