Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
This is such a nice cool summer. I love the words marine layer from the weather man. It's only supposed to be in the 80s today. I love that more than in the 100s everyday for weeks on end.


Things that make me happy:
my family


Book I'm reading:
Nothing right now, I'm not much of a book reader. I have been kind of flipping through the 36 Hour Day in my kindle reader, It's a book for caregivers of people who have dementia. It's a great book for anyone dealing with Alzheimer's. I take care of my mom and it's really hard sometimes.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Not much on TV...been using my netflix account to watch streaming video and DVDs. I am almost done with the Bounty Hunter.


On the menu for dinner:
Honey Glazed Pork Chops
Rice
Cauliflower


On my To Do List:
It's Monday so I always clean the bathrooms on Monday....I don't feel like it today but it has to be done.
I have a little bit of laundry to do today but not much


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I've been following along in making the sourdough and I will be feeding it today and making my first batch of bread. i am really looking forward to that.




In the craft basket:

My knitting has just been sitting there, I need to work on my shawl.

Looking forward to this week:
My daughter's 9th birthday.


Tips and Tricks:
none


My favorite blog post this week:
Sandra's sourdough but I don't have a link


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I have just been reading the ones I always do.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

This is my daughter at dinner. We went over to my sister is laws for my husbands birthday and had a wonderful time.



Lesson learned the past few days:


Things will get better.

On my mind:
paying the bills, getting medical insurance

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Your menu sounds delicious! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2010/07/sandra-is-host-for-happy-homemaker.html

    ReplyDelete